Almost all wireless earbuds rely on a Bluetooth connection. So, the guides in this section may partially overlap with the Bluetooth headphone guides section.
Why wireless earbuds?
Although Apple touted AirPods as the futuristic wireless headphone, they are essentially a pair of Bluetooth headphones, just like other wireless earbuds.
Of course, AirPods have a few special (but not revolutionary) features, including:
- The left and right pods are synced individually with iPhone.
- You can double-tap any of the AirPods to activate Siri voice assistant.
- The optical sensor detects whether the AirPods are in your ear, and therefore AirPods can pause the play automatically once they are removed from your ears.
- Simple pairing with iPhone.
- Noise-canceling for the microphone input.
Wireless earbuds including AirPods are facing some challenges, for example
- Pricey. Many wired in-ear headphones can offer better sound quality at a cheaper price.
- Poor active noise canceling (ANC). Active noise-canceling requires additional power (and chips). Most wireless earbuds (including AirPods) do not have active noise canceling at all. A few wireless earbuds with ANC offer poor battery life and inferior noise cancelling (compared to wired ones, or over-ear ones). The latest wireless earbuds like AirPods Pro 2, Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, Sony WF-1000XM4, and Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II, now offer decent noise cancelling.
- Easy to lose.
- Volume control. Due to the small size, most wireless earbuds do not have volume control. You have to control the volume in the host device (smartphone, for example).
- Play control.
- Product-dependency. AirPods work on iPhones only with all features. Galaxy Buds work best on Samsung phones. Although Galaxy buds and many other wireless earbuds (except AirPods) work just like normal Bluetooth headsets, you may find some wireless earbuds do not work well on some devices.
Anyway, there are plenty of options for wireless earbuds. But it is hard to find one that works well with your device.
This wireless earbuds guide section will cover all aspects related to wireless earbuds: how to choose your wireless earbuds, how to pair and use wireless earbuds, how to choose the best codec for your wireless earbuds, and reviews of wireless earbuds.
List of Wireless Earbuds Guides
We add new wireless earbuds guides regularly.
If you cannot find the wireless earbuds guide you need, or if you have any questions on using or choosing wireless earbuds, please do not hesitate to post your questions in the comment box below.
We will find the answer for you as fast as we can. A new wireless earbuds guide may also be released to address your problem.
Here is the list of available and coming-soon wireless earbuds guides.
1. How do wireless earbuds work?
2. How to use AirPods on Android phones?
3. Top 5 alternatives to AirPods
This wireless earbuds guide explains everything you need to know about Samsung Galaxy Buds: box contents of the buds, the layout of the buds, how to use the buds, how to charge the buds, how to check the battery status, how to pair the buds with other devices, how to use touchpad commands to control the buds. A concise review of the Galaxy Buds was also included.
Read on to learn to use Galaxy Buds or read the review …
5. How to use Sony wireless earbuds wf-1000x?
6. How to use Sony wireless earbuds wf-1000xm3?
This wireless earbuds guide explains the top 10 new features of AirPods Pro (compared to AirPods 2): active noise cancelling (ANC), wireless charging, in-ear design, transparency mode, force sensor, adaptive EQ, Sweat and water resistance with IPX4 rating, ear tip test, secure fit, and a $249 price tag.
Read the guide …
This wireless earbuds guide explains the five best new features and improvements of Galaxy Buds Plus: longer battery life (11-hour non-stop playtime ), 2-way speaker. 3-microphone system, Spotify integration, and the Galaxy Buds+ app for iOS.
Read on …
The added active nosing cancelling (ANC) makes Samsung Galaxy Buds Live a direct and serious competitor to Apple AirPods Pro and Sony WF-1000XM3.
This headphone guide explains the new features and improvements of Galaxy Buds Live (vs Galaxy Buds Plus), and how Galaxy Buds Live stands against Apple AirPods Pro to help you choose a pair of proper wireless earbuds.
Read the guide to know whether Galaxy Buds Live is for you or not …
This earbuds guide explains the new features of Galaxy Buds Pro (vs Galaxy Buds Live): traditional fit/shape, IPX7 rating, Voice Detect, ambient sound, 360 Audio, Auto Switch. Based on the comparison of Galaxy Buds Pro vs Galaxy Buds Live, you may also understand which earbuds are the right one to meet your needs.
Read on the guides to learn more about the new features of Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro (vs Galaxy Buds Live) …
This Galaxy Buds Live guide explains the 3 ways to charge Galaxy Buds Live battery: USB cable charging, wireless charging, and wireless PowerShare (charging with a Galaxy phone), and how to use them properly.
Read on to learn to charge Galaxy Buds Live properly …
You need to understand the layout of Galaxy Buds Live so that you can use and control it properly.
This Galaxy Buds Live guide explains the layout of Galaxy Buds Live, the function of each part, and how to use each part properly.
Get to know the layout of Galaxy Buds Live …
This Galaxy Buds Live guide explains how to use touch control on Galaxy Buds Live to control music playing, answer or reject calls, and how to adjust the volume or customize the long tap gesture for the touch control on Galaxy Buds Live.
Read on to learn to use touch control on Galaxy Buds Live …
Although you can use the Galaxy Buds Live as standalone wireless earbuds, some settings and customization, as well as firmware updates, can only be performed through the Galaxy Wearable app on Android devices (or Galaxy Buds app on iPhone).
This Galaxy Buds Live guide explains how to use the Galaxy Buds Live plugin in the Galaxy Wearable app to manage, customize, and update Galaxy Buds Live. The feature differences between Galaxy Wearable for Android and Galaxy Buds for iPhone are also discussed.
Read on to manage Galaxy Buds Live in Galaxy Wearable App …
This Galaxy Buds Live guide explains 4 different ways to check Galaxy Buds Live battery level and the charging case battery level in both Android and iOS devices, including:
- Using Galaxy Wearable app (or Samsung Galaxy Buds app on iOS).
- Using LED colours in the charging case.
- From Bluetooth settings in Android devices.
- Using Galaxy Buds Live widget on Android devices (or the Battery widget in iOS devices).
Read the guide to use different ways to check Galaxy Buds Live battery level …
This wireless earbuds guide explains the top 8 major differences of Galaxy Buds 2 vs Galaxy Buds Pro. Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 has advantages in the 4 aspects (weight, price, battery life, ear-fit test ), and Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro wins in the other 4 categories (water resistance rating, 360 audio, voice detect, and better ANC and ambient sound controls).
Read the guide to learn the Pros and Cons of Galaxy Buds 2 vs Galaxy Buds Pro …
Force Sensor on Airpods Pro is one of the most meaningful innovations for wireless earbuds control. It is a far superior solution compared to the touch control as in most other wireless earbuds.
This AirPods Pro guide explains what the Force Sensor on AirPods Pro is, how to use the Force Sensor to control music playing, handle calls, switch noise control modes, and launch Siri. The customization of the press speed and press duration of the Force Sensor on AirPods Pro is also illustrated.
Learn to use and customize the Force Sensor on AirPods Pro now …
This AirPods guide explains the top 8 improvements and new features of AirPods 3 vs AirPods 2: the Force Sensor, IPX4 water-resistance rating, longer battery life, Spatial audio, wireless charging, adaptive EQ, Find My Network, and improved design.
Read on to explore the top 8 improvements and new features of AirPods 3 …
This AirPods guide explains the shared features of AirPods 3 and AirPods Pro (the Force Sensor, Spatial Audio, Adaptive EQ, IPX4 rating and wireless charging), advantages and disadvantages (silicon tips, ANC, transparency mode, battery life, and price) of AirPods 3 vs AirPods Pro.
Read the guide to decide whether you should choose AirPods 3 or AirPods Pro …
22. How to use widgets to check battery levels and control Galaxy Buds 2, Galaxy Buds Pro, Galaxy Buds Live, Galaxy Buds+, and Galaxy Buds?
You can use widgets on Android devices to check battery levels and control Galaxy Buds devices, including Galaxy Buds 2, Galaxy Buds Pro, Galaxy Buds Live, Galaxy Buds+, and Galaxy Buds.
So, you may save some time by skipping the Galaxy Wearable app to check battery levels and quickly control Galaxy Buds devices directly from the home screen of your Android phones.
This Galaxy Buds guide explains how to add the widget to the Home screen of your Android devices, how to customize it, and how to use the widget to check battery levels and control your Galaxy Buds.
With the release of Galaxy Buds 2 Pro, Samsung touted the 24bit Hi-Fi audio, which is enabled by the Samsung Seamless Codec. Samsung shared very little technical information about this codec except for some marketing exaggerations.
This Bluetooth headphone guide explains the four aspects of this new codec:
- When/where can you get and use Samsung Seamless Codec?
- The relationship between Samsung Seamless Codec and Scalable codec.
- How better is Samsung Seamless Codec compared to other codecs?
- The role of a codec (like Samsung Seamless Codec) in the Bluetooth streaming process.
Read on to get more insights into Samsung Seamless Codec …
As the 2nd generation of AirPods Pro, you’d expect many cool new improvements and upgrades in the AirPods Pro 2 (aka AirPods Pro 2nd Gen).
This AirPods guide explains the major AirPods Pro 2 new features you should know, including the H2 chip, touch control, skin-detection sensor, adaptive transparency mode, improved noise cancellation, personalized spatial audio, longer battery life, a speaker and U1 chip in the case.
Read on to explore the new features of AirPods Pro 2 …
##and many more …
Other headphone guides
In addition to the AirPods guides listed on this page, there are a few other specialized headphone guides:
- Headphone 101. You can find detailed explanations on features, technologies and usages of headphones.
- Bluetooth headphone guides. You can find detailed guides on how to choose a Bluetooth headphone, how Bluetooth headphone works, and how to pair and use Bluetooth headphones.
- Noise-canceling headphone guides. This is a dedicated section for active noise-canceling headphones. You can find everything about noise-canceling headphones.
- Sports headphone guides. If you are considering a headphone for sports, or if you have any questions on sports headphones, you can find answers and guides there.
Do you have any questions about wireless earbuds?
If you have any questions about choosing or using wireless earbuds, please leave your question in the comment box below.
You can also post your questions on our Facebook page.
The community will help you get the answer.