Almost all wireless earbuds rely on a Bluetooth connection. So, the guides in this section may partially overlap with the Bluetooth headphone guides section.
Why wireless earbuds?
Although Apple touted AirPods as the futuristic wireless headphone, they are essentially a pair of Bluetooth headphones, just like other wireless earbuds.
Of course, AirPods have a few special (but not revolutionary) features, including:
- The left and right pods are synced individually with iPhone.
- You can double-tap any of the AirPods to activate Siri voice assistant.
- The optical sensor detects whether the AirPods are in your ear, and therefore AirPods can pause the play automatically once they are removed from your ears.
- Simple pairing with iPhone.
- Noise-canceling for the microphone input.
Wireless earbuds including AirPods are facing some challenges, for example
- Pricey. Many wired in-ear headphones can offer batter sound quality at a cheaper price.
- Poor active noise canceling (ANC). Active noise-canceling requires additional power (and chips). Most wireless earbuds (including AirPods) do not have active noise canceling at all. A few wireless earbuds with ANC offer poor battery life and inferior noise canceling (compared to wired ones, or over-ear ones).
- Easy to lose.
- Volume control. Due to the small size, most wireless earbuds do not have volume control. You have to control the volume in the host device (smartphone, for example).
- Play control.
- Product-dependency. AirPods work on iPhone only. Galaxy Buds work best on Samsung phones. Although Galaxy buds and many other wireless earbuds (except AirPods) work just like normal Bluetooth headsets, you may find some wireless earbuds do not work well on some devices.
Anyway, there are plenty of options for wireless earbuds. But it is hard to find one that works well with your device.
This wireless earbuds guide section will cover all aspects related to wireless earbuds: how to choose your wireless earbuds, how to pair and use wireless earbuds, how to choose the best codec for your wireless earbuds, and reviews of wireless earbuds.
List of Wireless Earbuds Guides
We add new wireless earbuds guides regularly.
If you cannot find the wireless earbuds guide you need, or if you have any questions on using or choosing wireless earbuds, please do not hesitate to post your questions in the comment box below.
We will find the answer for you as fast as we can. A new wireless earbuds guide may also be released to address your problem.
Here is the list of available and coming-soon wireless earbuds guides.
1. How wireless earbuds work?
2. How to use AirPods on Android phones?
3. Top 5 alternatives to AirPods
This wireless earbuds guide explains everything you need to know about Samsung Galaxy Buds: box contents of the buds, the layout of the buds, how to use the buds, how to charge the buds, how to check the battery status, how to pair the buds with other devices, how to use touchpad commands to control the buds. A concise review of the Galaxy Buds was also included.
Read on to learn to use Galaxy Buds or read the review …
5. How to use Sony wireless earbuds wf-1000x?
6. How to use Sony wireless earbuds wf-1000xm3?
This wireless earbuds guide explains the top 10 new features of AirPods Pro (compared to AirPods 2): active noise cancelling (ANC), wireless charging, in-ear design, transparency mode, force sensor, adaptive EQ, Sweat and water resistance with IPX4 rating, ear tip test, secure fit, and a $249 price tag.
Read the guide …
This wireless earbuds guide explains the five best new features and improvements of Galaxy Buds Plus: longer battery life (11-hour non-stop playtime ), 2-way speaker. 3-microphone system, Spotify integration, and the Galaxy Buds+ app for iOS.
Read on …
The added active nosing cancelling (ANC) makes Samsung Galaxy Buds Live a direct and serious competitor to Apple AirPods Pro and Sony WF-1000XM3.
This headphone guide explains the new features and improvements of Galaxy Buds Live (vs Galaxy Buds Plus), and how Galaxy Buds Live stands against Apple AirPods Pro to help you choose a pair of proper wireless earbuds.
Read the guide to know whether Galaxy Buds Live is for you or not …
This earbuds guide explains the new features of Galaxy Buds Pro (vs Galaxy Buds Live): traditional fit/shape, IPX7 rating, Voice Detect, ambient sound, 360 Audio, Auto Switch. Based on the comparison of Galaxy Buds Pro vs Galaxy Buds Live, you may also understand which earbuds are the right one to meet your needs.
Read on the guides to learn more about the new features of Samsung Galaxy Buds Pro (vs Galaxy Buds Live) …
12.. and many more…….
Other headphone guides
In addition to AirPods guides listed in this page, there are a few other specialized headphone guides:
- Headphone 101. You can find detailed explanations on features, technologies and usages of headphones.
- Bluetooth headphone guides. You can find detailed guides on how to choose a Bluetooth headphone, how Bluetooth headphone works, and how to pair and use Bluetooth headphones.
- Noise-canceling headphone guides. This is a dedicated section for active noise-canceling headphones. You can find everything about noise-canceling headphones.
- Sports headphone guides. If you are considering a headphone for sports, or if you have any questions on sports headphones, you can find answers and guides there.
Do you have any questions on wireless earbuds?
If you have any questions about choosing or using wireless earbuds, please leave your question in the comment box below.
You can also post your questions on our Facebook page.
The community will help you get the answer.