Why you should read guides in Headphone 101 section?
If you want to get the most of your headphone, you need to know your headphone better.
If you want to get the desired headphone matching your budget, you need to know what matters and what is most important.
Headphone 101 section was created here to help you in this aspect!
In headphone 101 section, you can find detailed guides explaining everything about headphones including:
- different headphone technologies, for example, differences among various headphone drivers.
- what are the most important factors you should consider when buying a new headphone? For example, should I get an in-ear headphone, or on-ear or over-ear headphone?
- advantages and disadvantages of wired headphones (and wireless/Bluetooth) headphones.
- how noise-canceling headphone works?
- how Bluetooth headphone works?
- when do you need a Bluetooth headphone?
- and many more…
Headphone 101 section is complemented with some other special sections in the headphone guides community, including:
- Bluetooth headphone guide. You can find everything about Bluetooth headphones. Reviews of Bluetooth headphones.
- Noise-canceling headphone guide. Technical guides on how noise-canceling headphone works, how to choose a noise-cancelling headphone, how to use noise-cancelling headphones, and noise-cancelling headphone reviews …
- Sports headphone guide. If you want to know about sports headphones, or if you plan to buy a headphone for your workouts, or if you are not sure how to use some specific models of sports headphones, you can get help here.
- Wireless earbuds guide. You can find guides on how to use wireless earbuds, how to get alternatives if you are not impressed by AirPods, and reviews of various wireless earbuds.
List of Headphone 101 Guides
All headphone 101 guides are added regularly.
This means this is a live page. If you cannot find the headphone guide you need, you may check back later.
You can also ask questions in the comment box below. We will try to get an answer for you. We may also release a new guide for you as well.
Here is the non-exhaust list of released or coming-soon headphone 101 guides:
1. What is the difference between electrostatic drivers, dynamic drivers, balanced armature drivers, planar magnetic drivers, and hybrid drivers, in headphones?
The differences among in-ear, on-ear and over-ear headphones are not just about the size. Each of these 3 types of headphones is designed for different scenarios.
This headphone guide shows you how to choose the correct type of headphones. In addition, it is explained the sound quality of in-ear, on-ear and over-ear headphones is NOT determined by the size of the driver.
3. What is the advantages and disadvantages of wired headphone, compared to Bluetooth headphones?
4. Do you need active noise-cancelling headphones?
5. Why in-line volume control is not working on my smartphone?
6. The sound quality of headphones explained
7. Headphones for audiophiles
Many Galaxy Buds 2 Pro owners have some questions about the Samsung Seamless Codec, for example, how “better” it is.
This Bluetooth headphone guide explains the four aspects of this new codec:
- When/where can you get and use Samsung Seamless Codec?
- The relationship between Samsung Seamless Codec and Scalable codec.
- How better is Samsung Seamless Codec compared to other codecs?
- The role of a codec (like Samsung Seamless Codec) in the Bluetooth streaming process.
Read on to explore Samsung Seamless Codec …
9. and many more to come …
As mentioned, if you have any questions about headphones, please leave your question in the comment box below.
You can also post your questions on our Facebook page.
The community will help you get the answer.